If you’re an aspiring chef, a foodie or just want to sample from a wide variety of dishes on offer, why not purchase a ticket for the Pick n Pay Taste of Durban event. This awesome event is happening at Suncoast from Friday, July 25th to Sunday, July 27th and will be a feast not just for your stomach but for your eyes too!
Chefs from nine of Durban’s top restaurants will create special menus of starter-sized dishes, including their signature dishes, designed to reflect their individual philosophies, whilst showcasing seasonal and premium ingredients. Taste of Durban 2014 promises to be the most exciting ‘foodie’ event of the year.
Why not visit the Pick n Pay Fresh Living Chef’s Theatre, where top chefs showcase their culinary skills in fun and informative cooking demonstrations, culinary challenges and entertaining Q & A sessions. Now , imagine if you could ask an experienced chef your burning questions – all your food solutions in one place!
Then there’s chocolate… wait?! What?
Chocolate. Ah ha. I am SO there. Stop by and have a look at the LINDT Master Chocolatiers who will be on hand making delicious LINDOR truffles and fresh pralines, as well as selling their delectable EXCELLENCE and CREATION slabs and a variety of LINDOR balls. Come and enjoy the finest LINDT chocolate that melts in your mouth and gently caresses all your senses.
You will also find the Wild Bean Café Baristas on hand and SO much more!
Now if you’re wondering how you can book yourself some tickets , you can do so easily and you can get a discount too!
EARLY BIRD OFFER – VALID UNTIL 3 JULY!
– Early Bird Standard Entry – *R50 – Entry plus glass
– Early Bird Premium Ticket – *R150 – Entry including a tasting glass plus R100 worth of Scoins
– DStv Clubhouse Ticket– R685 – entry , a free tasting glass, R150 Scoins, a private clubhouse to use with a complimentary bar service plus a Taste of Durban Gift.
I see you over there looking confused as to what these Scoins are? Well, visitors use Scoins to purchase samples from the various exhibitors. Each Scoin is worth R5.
If you miss out on the early bird special, you can still get tickets at the following prices:
– Standard Ticket – *R80 – Entry including a glass
– Premium Ticket – *R180 – Entry including a glass, R100 worth of Scoins
– Taste Clubhouse Presented by DStv Ticket – R685 – entry , a free glass, R150 Scoins, a private clubhouse to use with a complimentary bar service plus a Taste of Durban Gift
– Friday 25 July: 18h00 – 22h00
– Saturday 26 July: 12h30 – 16h30; 18h00- 22h00
– Sunday 27 July: 12h30 – 17h30
I have been lucky enough to get 5 double tickets for this fabulous event right here on our doorstep! If you want to score and WIN, all you need to do is the following:
1. Follow @honesthoneybee and @TasteofDurban on Twitter
2. Then tweet the following “If I win the tickets from @honesthoneybee to @TasteofDurban , I would take (insert the name of the person and tell me why)”
If you have Facebook, then all you need to do is ‘like’ my page here and tag me in a status letting me know who you would take if you won those tickets.
Good luck and I cannot wait to see who wins! Competition closes 30 June 2014 so get those entries in!